First Mother's Day.

I had been joking with friends and family that this Mother's Day would be a 1/2 Mother's day for me. Of course I realize I'm fully a mom...but until we're holding our sweet baby it didn't feel right to have the attention on me. Instead I wanted to spend time showering my mom last Sunday. Dad reserved us a table at the Pink House Cafe in Independence to enjoy a delicious brunch together. When we pulled up Matt slyly pulls a pink and black gift bag from the back seat, smiles, and hands it to me. Now remember when I said I'd been joking about 1/2 Mother's Day? Well Matt brought me to tears as I opened the most beautiful, thoughtful First Mother's Day gift. He specially designed the most gorgeous necklace from Grandma Terri's wedding ring diamonds and our little Baby DeFran's birthstone. Apparently he'd been designing this for awhile (I had NO idea!) and told me "You deserve a whole Mother's Day for everything you're sacrificing and doing for our baby." More tears! I feel so blessed to share this life with him! 

After a wonderful brunch with my beautiful mom and Auntie Helen (Dad too!) Matt and I decided to embark on the baby registry adventure. We walked the aisles of Babys R Us talking about cribs, necessities, ridiculous products, and everything in between. Matt took apart 4 strollers to see how well they work and we think we may have found a jogger stroller we both like. Since we're NOT finding out the gender of the baby, skipping over clothing for this trip was easy. However there are SO many cute things out there, we may need to pace ourselves. :Smile: Loving every moment of this.
Beautiful Mothers!
So it begins!

1 comment:

  1. Jessica you are blessed with such a kind and thoughtful husband. I LOVED celebrating Mother's Day with you. Now time to check out your baby registry!!

    ReplyDelete