Seeing our Little Raspberry for the 1st time.


3.26.17 (7 weeks and 2 days with Baby DeFran)
Last Friday, Matt and I had the most amazing experience together. As we drove to our ultrasound appointment together, Matt and I prepared ourselves for either kind of news. We went in together and I have an exterior ultrasound (not too exciting) but we also have an interior ultrasound. I can’t even write this without grinning wildly...but we saw our baby for the first time on Friday March 24th! Their strong little heartbeat at 120 bpm and comfortably growing. The tech nurse was surprised how big Baby DeFran was, but I had told them my period was a week different than I thought- which changes A LOT this early. My eyes immediately started to tear and I took deep breaths and let the moment just sink in around me. Matt held my hand and smiled with tears as he watched our baby have their first photos snapped for us to take home. I mean- our baby was right there! I can’t wait to share this news with our family!

We left feeling MUCH better with this goods news- although my hCg levels are low no one seemed concerned after confirming Baby DeFran is in fact alive and well. Sigh. It suddenly became so real to us at that moment- we couldn’t stop holding hands, hugging, and kissing the entire day. I have to laugh that it was at this time Matt tells me “Well since it’s good news I can tell you I am working another day this weekend.” So we made the most of our day together and we decided on how we'd announce to our families. Matt even indulged me and we went together and purchased our first baby item together: an adorable little pair of black and white Converse shoes! :) 

Today I ordered the puzzles of our announcement photo with Harper to send to our siblings and the magic mugs for our parents. Everything won’t arrive for a few weeks, but we we felt confident sharing the news mid-April to family since I’ll be almost 11 weeks. We won’t share with the public until early May. I did share with Emily that we had started trying since it felt like the right time- and I will let Cara know tomorrow. I know Matt won’t be happy about this (Since he’s already telling me over and over “There still is no sharing this great news yet, okay? Like with anyone!”) and trust me I won’t share our Baby DeFran news until we’re both ready.

So although I’m officially now 7 weeks and 2 days pregnant- I’ve been lucky enough to have minimal symptoms- which is pretty normal I guess. However I am ALWAYS tired. Like I sleep 8-9 hours a night and still have to take a nap in the middle of the day tired. Which is not like me at all! I also have noticed I do much better when I eat small meals throughout the day instead of large meals 3 times. The few days I ate large meals, I felt nauseous at night. So healthy snacking it is- this is better for me anyway since that was what I was doing before being pregnant. The biggest thing I am wanted to watch is weight. It’s typical to gain 1-4 pounds the first trimester and although I was wavering between 152 to 154 pre-pregnancy, I already weighed in at 157. Exercise and water will be important for me- even though I can already tell exercising eventually will have to look different for me.

2 comments:

  1. Sweetness...Love Matts note to you! I am so blessed to have you two and know you will be incredible parents! Hugs and Kisses Baby De!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must have waited to share this one, because it wasn't here the last time I stopped by. I love feeling like I'm kinda right there with you. So excited to see you and baby DeFran grow!

    ReplyDelete