People are awkward.


Image result for pregnancy humor

People (aka strangers) say the most awkward things to pregnant woman. Like makes you shake your head and think "Wow. Really?". I fully admit that I am not great at small talk...like at all. However since being pregnant I have had to step up my "come-back game" to combat all the totally weird things people think are funny to say to preggos like me.

Take these for example (and people- I am NOT making this ish-up)
- Looks like she ate all the watermelon seeds this year!
- You must be due soon!
- Is it a boy or girl? (I answer we aren't finding out) Oh- really? I don't know why anyone would want to wait.
- After working out at the gym instructor says, "Go High 5 two people for an awesome workout"- sweet older lady high fives my belly (Totally stunned me before I started laughing!)
- You must pop kids out like crazy with how much you work out (compliment? insult? still unsure on this one....)
- Enjoy sleep now, it'll only get worse from here
- What a cute belly...how far along are you? (I answer) Oh...wow, you've got a ways to go! (shaking head as a I walk away)
- Someone at a big breakfast/lunch/dinner...
- Guess you deserve some shots, am I right?

 I am sure that I am missing a few gems, so as they continue to roll in during these last 2.5 months I'll document them to remind myself NOT to be THAT person when I'm interacting with amazing, pregnant women!

No comments:

Post a Comment