"Rest" they tell me.

 Behold "Mrs. DeFrancisco's Maternity Binder". This organized, sheet protector, Type A binder is the combined work of my crazy need to have control mixed with some Teachers Pay Teachers resources. Truthfully this beautiful gem only took about 3 hours to prep- which I understand SOUNDS like a lot, but honestly it was so easy to put together. Before I go any further I should say that I am completely realistic that this time may seem overkill for a substitute who (very well) may glance at it once then put it aside. Even if that happens, I created this with my students in mind. I wanted something to help ease the transition between me leaving and a new students coming in.

Baby De isn't slated to arrive for another 4 weeks, however as the saying goes, "Baby do what they want." Including early labor! This Friday I'll be 9 months...let that little nugget of craziness settle in for a moment...36 weeks. So the past 2 weeks I've started that whole 'nesting' feeling...except it's mostly related to school- go figure! My team has (more than once) reminded me to just 'rest' and stop being 'so darn productive!' I just smile and think to myself- this is just who I am. Baby De and I still have lots of energy and although I can't stay awake past 930pm... I'd say I'm actually doing really well!

It's interesting because so many people think I'm just 'faking' being alright- Yeah I get tired, my feet hurt once in awhile, and I need to walk slower - but honestly I feel great. The other "remember Jessica..." conversation I get a lot is about how all no matter how much prepping or planning I do- I need to be okay just letting things go while I'm gone. Duh! Okay so I totally get why people tell me this (see binder picture! ha!) nevertheless I am completely aware of this fact. Many coworkers don't know that I've covered 4 maternity leaves in my career- so I "get" my room isn't going to run like I would run it. And that's awesome! I'll be so busy at home trying to figure out all this parenting stuff for awhile I guarantee I'll be just fine. Will I think about school? Of course- I love my kids and my job. But being a Mom is a million times MORE exciting to me. So thank you kind friends- I will rest...but first I better pack a hospital bag!

Bauman Farms 2017

1 comment:

  1. Wow...such an organized teacher. Looks amazing Jessica. Proud of you girl!!

    ReplyDelete