20 Weeks + Half Way!

Half way!?! Are you kidding me? There is still so much to do and figure out- thank goodness Matt's here to help me out. It's been a busy 2-weeks since our last update. Since 18 weeks, Baby DeFran has grown even more and at 21 weeks (even though this post and picture are a week late) our little one is now roughly the size of a carrot or bak choy (~7 inches). At our check up last week- Baby DeFran + my belly were measuring right on schedule with a strong heartbeat.

With school officially over and summer vacation in full swing, Baby DeFran and I enjoyed a week together in Palm Springs. When I imagined what 5 months pregnant would look like this for this trip, I imagined myself being MUCH bigger. Our little bump was the perfect companion for poolside relaxation, healthy treats, and LOTS of water (with temperatures peaking at 120 degrees!).
An amazing new milestone happened while in Palm Springs, I finally felt the first real movements of our baby with my hand! I had my hand resting on my stomach while sitting in the car and BOOM no more little ripples- this was a full on movement! I was so excited! Suddenly I've become very aware of how often and when I feel Baby DeFran moving about. Seems he/she doesn't like when I sit for too long (especially in the car!) but usually moves when music is playing. Matt was so excited to be a part of this new milestone when I was home. But it wasn't until watching Aria's "Bippety Boppity Boop"performance that our little one made an appearance! The look on Matt's face made my whole day! Plus this kiddo already shares a love for Disney- you can influence that this early, right? Ha!

So while we're busy growing a healthy bump, Matt's been renovating the nursery dresser and it's looking amazing!  I can't wait to start to paint the nursery tomorrow and see it come together. So cheers to 21 weeks, lots of beautiful sunshine, and time to grow our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment